It’s that time of year when many of us are committing to New Year’s resolutions. Improved fitness and a better diet are common resolutions. In line with this, we want to encourage you to make your hearing a priority in 2019. We’ve put together a simple guide on how you can make your hearing health a priority this year.
Book A Hearing Assessment
- The first step towards improved hearing health is determining if your hearing has changed and evaluating your baseline hearing. A hearing assessment is quick and painless. We can talk you through every step including the results and treatment options.
- Next, commit to regular hearing assessments so that any subtle changes don’t go unnoticed for long periods.
- If you already have a Hearing Aid, why not help preserve it by letting us clean and maintain it throughout the year.
Protect your Hearing
- Keep a set of earplugs with you. Don’t be afraid to use them in loud environments such as sporting events or when commuting. Use them at home when using noisy appliances, such as hairdryers.
- To help prevent ear infections during the cold winter months, invest in a pair of ear-warmers or a hat that covers your ears.
Music and Well-being
- Music helps your brain process sound, whether you listen or sing along. Just be mindful of the volume!
- The relaxing and / or stimulating effects of music can also help to improve your general health and well-being.
- Find something active you enjoy, perhaps Yoga? Exercise can encourage blood flow to the ears and calming exercises have fantastic physical and mental benefits.
- A healthy diet can help improve your general health, but also has benefits for your hearing health too. Read more about the Types of Food that May Help Improve & Protect Your Hearing Health
Speak about Hearing Loss
Be open about your hearing loss. Seek out support groups and explain to friends and loved ones how they can communicate with you better. You may learn about assistive technology in public places that you previously didn’t know about, or learn valuable tips for helping to deal with your hearing loss.
Benefits Of Treating Hearing Loss
Staying on top of your hearing health is important. Not only does it allow you to detect hearing loss early on, but the science is increasingly showing that not treating hearing loss has far reaching repercussions. From mental health, to physical health, to social well-being, there are many benefits of treating hearing loss.
If you’re ready to make the first step to make your hearing a priority in 2019, book in your hearing assessment today. Call our experienced team on (864) 546-5708 or click here to Request An Appointment. “Hear’s” to better hearing in the new year!
Schedule an appointment
Free hearing assessment